Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine "Rampton" LP



I have nothing good to say about anything today. I know, I'm usually kind of pissy, but right now it seems as though forces are conspiring ruin my life. It's not enough that I haven't gotten laid in over a year, I barely make (well, made) enough to pay my rent, and I have to listen to people fucking through the uber-thin walls of my shitty house, but now my livelihood is being decimated. In case you don't know, I'm a dog walker. I hate work, immensely. Dog walking is the only job I've ever had for more than about 2 months that I (usually) enjoy. And with the fucking economy, client after client are losing their jobs, and when you don't have a job, you don't really need (and aren't able to afford) a dog walker. So, I went out today and walked one fucking dog. For $12. Tomorrow is a busy day. I think I have 3. I was supposed to be getting dogs from a fellow dog walker who is retiring, but that now seems all fucked up because the people are babies. I tried to make a new craigslist account so I could top post my ad more, and even craigslist was anally raping me. I needed to verify a different phone number, so I called up my mom and asked if I could have the verification code sent to her phone. She said OK, but somehow, in 2009, my mother still does not know how to receive and read a text message. 25 minutes later, I was almost in tears, but I at least had a new craigslist account. I'm sure no ones going to reply to these ads, either.

The anger and frustration I'm currently feeling can be summed up pretty well with this album. It's not an intense rage, more of a downcast, beaten down by life kind of vibe. TOLRTD is (was?) a "supergroup" of sorts, made up of both members of the band Sunn O)) on bass and guitar, Lee Dorian of Cathedral/Napalm Death on vocals, and Justin Greaves (Iron Monkey, Electric Wizard, Crippled Black Phoenix) on drums, and named after an Earth song. It's 3 songs (one clocking in at 29:26, one at 17:53, and a Killdozer cover that clocks in at a quick seven minutes) of some of the slowest doom ever, from people who helped pioneer the genre. This is their only release.

Fuck, I am so disgusted and apathetic right now that I'm not even going to spell check this shit. Fuck you. Unless you need a dog walker who will take great care of your buddy while you're at work, in which case, lets talk!

download

1 comment:

Unknown said...

quite possibly, one of the best reviews on this blog ever.

no jive.