Thursday, May 21, 2009

(Young) Pioneers- "Free the (Young) Pioneers Now!"


I hate folk punk with every ounce of my being. I think it is the absolute worst sub-genre ever to emerge from the cancerous bowels of the punk movement. It is certainly the most embarrassing. I find it hard to align myself with anything that would somehow align itself with Defiance, Ohio (some of them are nice enough folks, but I absolutely cannot stand their music). And apparently, there is a band playing in my living room this weekend that I am strongly confident is a folk punk band. I'll be drinking on the back porch for that one.

It truly amazes me that a band as great as the (Young) Pioneers could be indirectly responsible for possibly the worst genre of music to ever exist (with the exception of nu-metal, and yes, I'm counting ska). There seems to be a lack of (Young) Pioneers stuff on the internet (at least, I could find practically nothing after 10 minutes of searching), so I decided to put this up. You probably have it, anyway. If not, get this. It is really awesome, totally catchy folky punk (not folk punk) without all the hokey trappings of it's modern hellspawn.

download

2 comments:

shorelineproductions said...

i added a link to your blog on my site.

dirty marquee said...

my CD of this is totally scratched and unlistenable from years of abuse. thank you lover