Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sir Lord Baltimore- "Kingdom Come"




A few days ago, I was walking a dog that I don't usually walk anymore, and after about 10 minutes I realized that the owner had put Nail Polish on the dog. Good fucking grief, are you serious? I tried to avoid people for the rest of the walk, which wasn't too hard cause it was sort of raining out. I didn't want anyone to see and think that I'm the type of weirdo that puts nail polish on my dog. I mean, there's plenty of valid reasons for people to think I'm weird. Putting nail polish on a dog is not fucking one of them.

A little while later, I was smoking a cigarette before getting on the train. I was standing there with my sweatshirt and umbrella and this wild-eyed man started talking to me. I was wearing headphones, so I missed the first part of what he had to say. I took them off and heard "And when the rapture comes, you're gonna need more than an umbrella and an overcoat, you're gonna need a boat!" and then he scampered away before I could respond. I guess (read: hope) I look kind of evil. I was wearing a shirt that had a mythical skull-hawk-beast on it. But, I didn't get to tell him how I've heard it all before. Just because I am not weak enough to succumb to your bullshit religion, doesn't mean I'm ignorant. Anyway, if you want to interpret the rapture from the bible, next time god comes, it's supposed to be with fire, not a flood. Oh, how I pine for the days when we fed these people to lions.

Sir Lord Baltimore reunited in 2006, and are now apparently a weak-willed Christian band. Sucks to be them. I guess they were never really evil, anyway. However, a 1971 review of "Kingdom Come" (written by "Metal Mike" Saunders of the Angry Samoans!) was the first ever documented use of the term "heavy metal" as a musical descriptor. Wicked. Presented here, for your consideration, is their 1970 debut "Kingdom Come". Crucial jams include "Master Heartache", "Hell Hound", and "Lady Of Fire". A must-hear for fans Blue Cheer, Black Sabbath, and all those other colorful bands.

Download!

2 comments:

Nathanael Stark said...

fuck yeah! i haven't listened to this in forever, missed my chance on the repress not that that would have mattered because everything i own in california is covered in mold... you're the man.

Nathanael Stark said...

Also, I highly recommend this earth and fire it's been a constant for me lately.